Skull Lovers......

Just what I said must love skulls, or maybe you are interested in hearing someone who is really into skulls yap about them, the history etc. I think skulls rock and sometimes I will go over the top, and come across as a bit twisted, but hey that is one of my most adorable qualities!!!So come take a walk through my skull extravaganza!!!!

Monday, February 7, 2011

Skull & Wings







Did you ever wonder how the Skull & Wing started........dates all the way back to well the beginning.....Some architecture from the Romanesque(Norman) days had skull/wing carved into stone.......you started seeing more in the 17th and 18th centuries on headstones....."Memento Mori" (Remember Death) I believe this represents not absolute death, but more of a transitioning of spirit, rebirth!!!!  The Skull & Wings have been referred to as Death's Head or Winged Death....the fleeting nature of death!!!!  Motorcycle clubs started adopting this symbol......because as we all know they are the bad boys, of the bad boys (sexy!!!)  Harley Davidson........what emblem do they operate with?.... Skull/Wings.......Look to our military ...... major bad asses I believe the Army in the early forties took on this symbol!!!!!!!  Seriously take a stroll through our history of Rock n' Roll what is a favorite symbol?  yep you guessed it Skull/Wings.....need I say more.

No comments:

Post a Comment