Skull Lovers......

Just what I said must love skulls, or maybe you are interested in hearing someone who is really into skulls yap about them, the history etc. I think skulls rock and sometimes I will go over the top, and come across as a bit twisted, but hey that is one of my most adorable qualities!!!So come take a walk through my skull extravaganza!!!!

Friday, February 4, 2011

Skulls are Not Creepy!!!!!

Okay let me just say Skulls are not creepy!!!!!!!! They are  facinating, each holds a unique beauty......then again beauty is in the eye of the beholder:))  I personally believe everyone should own at least one skull in their lifetime!!!!!!! I mean come on it can be a freakin' candle skull..........you do not have to go out and dig up a grave to get one......or take someone out for a skull.....now that would be a bit creepy!!!!!! I collect skulls in all shapes, form, and fashion.....recently I have started really looking at sugar skulls......Dia de los Muertos ( Day of the Dead)  the history of the Day of the Dead is a very interesting holiday celebrated in central/southern Mexico....usually during the chilly days  November 1 & 2.    Sugar art was introduced to the New World by Italian missionaries in the 17th century.  By the way Sugar skulls represented a departed soul!!!!!  The departed's name is written across the front of the forehead, and placed on the home ofrenda or gravestone to honor the return of a spirit.

Check it out for yourself some folks say umm isn't that taking a walk on the Dark side? Nope in my opion just opening yourself up to some cultural history, and a different way to look at Skulls.

check out:        http://www.mexicansugarskulls.com/ 

This site is really interesting let me know what you think!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment